Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Festival of Trees - Part One

I haven't gotten it together quite enough to participate in the Geneabloggers I Remember Christmas! Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories.  That's OK, my holiday gift to myself is to forgive myself for this blunder and move forward.


Taj Mahal: the real thing.
Photo: Wikipedia.


Instead, over the next weeks, I'll share my photos of this year's local Festival of Trees.  The Festival lasts for three days, the weekend after Thanksgiving.  There are hundreds of trees:  traditional, artistic, funky, tall, short.  There are also wreaths and gingerbread houses.  The sponsor is a local children's hospital; they plan the event all year long.  I'm told that people come from all over the Eastern Seaboard to attend!  I didn't take photos of everything, just my favorites.   These are definitely my favorites in this category...certainly not your grandma's gingerbread house!

 
Taj Mahal gingerbread palace.







Chinese Pagoda.


The whole scene:
Chinese Pagoda, bridge and
gumdrop sea dragon.
 All photos are mine except where noted. 














1 comment:

  1. "To forgive myself..." That's probably the best holiday gift you could receive!

    ReplyDelete