Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Newest Leaf on the Tree

Although this site by definition looks back at life, today it is looking forward. 


Baby Sam with his Grandpa Joe

Today Raking through the Leaves welcomes the newest member of our extended family, Samuel Webster.  Webster, his middle name, is a family name from several generations back.  It's nice to see this history.  When it's time for his descendants to pick up the genealogical search, having that information on his birth certificate will open some doors. 

He was born on Monday, October 17, 2011; already he is a whole month old!  He is joyously welcomed by loving parents Joe and Lisa, and two proud siblings, big sister Molly and big brother John.


Image courtesy of
The Graphics Fairy


His parents will teach him, love him, play with him, dote upon him.  As will his grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and siblings.  That's the joy and the job of a big family.

Maybe Sam will eventually join in the hunt for the tales of those family members who came before us.  And who knows, maybe his parents will include this post with all the other mementos that go into his baby book, for Sam’s descendants to read one day!

Congratulations, Joe and Lisa! 
Welcome to the world, baby Samuel!  




Update as of January 11, 2012:

When I wrote this post, I knew that Sam's middle name, Webster, is a family name.  That post prompted my Aunt Helen to send me details, by snail mail, no less!  (Aunt Helen is married to my dad's brother.)

"Webster is for my paternal grandmother--Mary Priscilla Webster.  She was born in 1881 in Harford County.  She died in 1935 at the age of 54."  

The mail from my aunt really made my day!  In addition to the story of Sam's ancestors, Aunt Helen included a print-out that baby Sam's sister, Molly, sent out to friends.  It reads:

Samuel Szymanski, newest member of the family.  He was born on October 17th, 2011.  Samuel has blue eyes and brown hair.  I personally think he's the best thing ever!  Samuel is now 16 days old, a little bit over two weeks, and prefers to be called Sammy.  [I love that!]  I love Sammy and I bet you 1 million dollars every one will too!

Aren't families just great?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment